Maritime Law Enforcement (ME) Instructor, MLE Academy, Charleston, SC
Location: MLE Academy, Charleston, SC
Estimated Start Date: March 2023
Overview: In preparation for winning a recompete of previously held work, Threat Management, in conjunction with Harkcon, are seeking to hire key personnel in support of a forthcoming training contract to provide various aspects of training design, development, and delivery throughout the U.S. Coast Guard. This position is for a Maritime Law Enforcement (ME) Instructor at MLE Academy, Charleston, SC.
- Meet the physical fitness standards semiannually set in the Boarding Officer/Boarding Team Member Law Enforcement Competency Qualification Instruction. Requires physical exertion by teaching defensive tactics and allowing the students practice their techniques on the instructor in protective gear.
- Have Three (3) years’ Maritime Law Enforcement Training experience.
- (Desired) Be a Graduate of the Maritime Law Enforcement Academy’s Boarding Officer Course and previous experienced as a qualified CG Boarding Officer
- Be able to effectively facilitate mock boarding scenarios including the physical requirement to climb ladders and move through small compartments.
- Possess a favorable, current National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) background investigation.
- Have Instructional experience/knowledge in:
– Coast Guard Use of Force Policy;
– Defensive Tactics;
– Use of Oleoresin Capsicum (OC)/Pepper Spray;
– Use of Deadly Force;
– Weapons Safety;
– De-escalate and Survive a Hostage Situation;
– Coast Guard Boarding Procedures;
– Enforcement of Safety Regulations for Commercial Fishing Vessels and Recreational Vessels;
– Search of vessels; Search of persons;
– Weapons and Drug Identification;
– Detention and Interview policies;
– Coast Guard Law Enforcement Authority and Jurisdiction;
– International law jurisdictional issues;
– Coast Guard Statement of No Objection process and procedure;
– Boating While Intoxicated laws and procedures;
– Case Package preparation and Statement Writing;
– Testifying in court;
– Security Patrols and Inspections;
– Security Planning and Review;
– Force Protection;
– Water Survival Techniques
– Tactical Procedures
– Active Shooter Response
This position is contingent upon contract award.
Threat Management Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org