Overview: Threat Management Group is looking for highly qualified Nuclear Hazards Instructor/Subject Matter Expert (SME) candidates to provide training and support services to Explosive Ordnance Disposal Group 2 (EODGRUTWO) and Navy Expeditionary Combat Command (NECC). The range/scope of responsibilities include participate in the training and instructing of EOD operators in the Nuclear Hazards area of expertise; observe, evaluate, and document training exercises; assist in designing, requesting, assembling, and picking up training aids relevant to divisional training objectives; liaison with intelligence specialists regarding latest worldwide IED/EOD relevant threats; participate in training area maintenance.
Location/Place of Performance: JEB Little Creek Fort Story, Virginia Beach, VA
Candidate must have/be:
- Must be able to obtain/maintain Secret Clearance eligibility. Clearance will be initiated upon contract award, if needed.
- Possess a minimum of five years of operational Department of Defense EOD experience and have qualified, at least to the Senior EOD Technician level.
- It is highly desired that the Contractor have served as an instructor in a formal EOD Training Program and have a strong desire to continuously improve their knowledge and skills in both the instructor and EOD realm.
- Certify in the assigned CIN (s) no later than four months after reporting onboard EODTEU TWO.
- Have the ability to utilize the following programs and systems: NMCI, SIPR, AEODPS, and EODIMS.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written, in English.
- Prepare reports, as required, to document the evaluation of training.
- Possess excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Be skilled in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe, and Power point.
- Be able to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Assist in the maintenance and inventory of divisional Table of Allowance items, CESE/SABAR, and issued equipment.
- Assist in managing and maintaining 100% accountability of training aid inventory.
- Participate in the training and instructing of EOD operators in the Nuclear Hazards area of expertise.
- Participate in Field Training Exercises as needed.
- Research EOD relevant intelligence via SIPRNET.
- Participate in setting up role playing exercises and scenarios at the training area sites.
- Ensure that exercises and scenarios are safely set up for training prior to scheduled training events.
- Observe, evaluate, and document training exercises.
- Participate in short and long range training plans, training programs, and provide training and technology support to assigned divisions.
- Participate in the development, delivery, and maintenance of divisional curriculum.
- Assist in designing, requesting, assembling, and picking up training aids relevant to divisional training objectives.
- Assist in divisional purchase request.
- Participate in training area maintenance.
- Prepare correspondence and maintain files of correspondence, forms, regulations, directives, letters and other publications as required. Ensure publications, instructions, directives and files are accurately updated and correspondence is accurately filed and processed in accordance with the Navy Correspondence Manual SECNAVINST 5216.5 series and SSIC Manual SECNAVINST 5430.7 series.
- Apply policies and directives prescribed by higher authority. Read, interpret and ensure compliance with publications, instructions, notices, local directives, and changes thereto as appropriate.
- Liaison with intelligence specialists regarding latest worldwide IED/EOD relevant threats.
- Properly safeguard classified, Privacy Act, and Official Use Only documentation and conduct end-of-day security checks of buildings and spaces to ensure they are properly secured and that all classified material, Privacy Act, and Official Use Only documentation is properly stowed and safeguarded.
- Assist in divisional administrative tasks as required.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
Threat Management Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com