Advanced Drone Flight Operations Training (ADFOT)
Learn how to maximize your drone with advanced flight training at our flight locations. TMG has a very large flight operations area to learn without fear of loosing your drone. In addition, TMG’s Urban Training Center allows for “Off GPS” indoor flight.
Students will learn the fundamental operations of various small unmanned aerial system (sUAS) through a combination of classroom and flight instruction. Classroom instruction reviews sUAS hardware, firmware, and RC basics and maintenance. Flight instruction teaches the student basic, skilled, and advanced flight techniques with the various sUAS platforms.
Successful course completion requires the student to thoroughly review, perform, and test in each instruction phase. Assignments and testing may be modified at the instructor’s discretion.
Course Objectives At the completion of this course, the student will be able to
- Understand the internal operations of various sUAS.
- Understand how to use the Assistant Software to maintain, configure, and update the sUAS.
- Understand the need for and practice of basic flight in using various sUAS.
- Perform emergency maneuvers in flight.
- Apply principles of practical flight control during aerial operations.